Sunday, November 28, 2010

Circle Blog Monthly Challenge Nov10: Home Sweet Home

We had a good Thanksgiving, although Keeley wasn't able to be with us this year--she had to go with her Dad to see her other grand-parents in Center, TX.  Logan came home on Wednesday evening and was able to stay until Saturday morning, he got a call that he had gotten a trip out of St. Petersburg, FL leaving out on Tuesday.  It's a 16 hr drive, so he had to go home to get all of his equipment, he made it home & the captain of the boat called him and told him that the weather had turned and the swells were still high, so it was going to be a wait and see notice.   Oh well, at least he got to come home and made it back to his house safely.  He went flounder fishing with Carrie  and Mark late Saturday afternoon and they caught 6 big ones--he was happy.   Hellen didn't get to come over to Mom & Dad's for dinner, she had to take the train to be with her sister-in-law Pat, who had to have a masectomy on Wednesday, so we missed her.

Well, I've made a Paper Ribbon Tree to enter in the Cricut Circle Montly Blog Challenge--Home Sweet Home.  You had to make some home decor project, using one Cricut Cart Cut, use the Cuttlebug, use Felt, and use color Green.  I used Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake cartridge to cut paper ribbon strips and glued them to a green cone that I made with the Tie the Knot Cart.  Before gluing them to the cone, I embossed them using the Cuttlebug Cindy Loo branch embossing plate.  I cut two stars from A Child's Year using White Felt and punched Red Cardinals from Red Felt.  I glued the Star to the top and glued the birds on the branches.  I wound white Christmas package ribbon around the tree to look like garland.

Here's pictures of my entry.

2 comments:

  1. I Love this!!! The little birs are so cute! i really need that MS cartridge! Good luck with the challenge!
    JenniferHawkins2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. What did you punch the birds out with. I tried using my MS punch and I could tell I was not going to be able to continue on because it might break. Love your ribbon tree

    ReplyDelete